Kindergarten & Nurseries in the Area of Stuttgart
- a short overview -
Here is a short overview about how the system works in the area of Stuttgart.
In Germany the nursery is from 1-3 years and Kindergarten from 3-6 years.
- Public Kindergartens/Nurseries are usually not obliged to take children which are not insured by the German healthcare system, but of course you can apply.
- Private Kindergartens/Nurseries, supported by the German government. They are non-public and you can apply as they might be more open for non-German insured children.
- Private non supported Kindergartens – you can apply and they are open for all children & chances are better, but prices are higher.
- Eltern-Kind-Initiative – Kindergarten run by parents – voluntary work from your side is a must and expected.
- Tagesmutter – day care of a qualified person usually in their own home.
For the public and private Kindergarten you can apply here:
For Stuttgart area (cut of February 15th for September the same year) https://www.stuttgart.de/kits
For Böblingen area: https://www.boeblingen.de/,(anker3307027)/start/BildungGesellschaft/Kita_Anmeldung.html#anker3307027
For Sindelfingen area: https://nhkita.sindelfingen.de
You can also just try to call and go directly to the Kitas or ask a the Rathaus (civil service center).
Kiramiga can help with information, applications, signing up and looking for possible spots.
But please understand that there is no guarantee that you will find a place.
We charge 60 Euro / hour in 30 minute intervals. Minimum charge is 30 Euros.
Learn more in detail about the Kindergarten/School System and other interesting information/ facts in our module: kids in Germany.
Check the Calendar on our website for upcoming dates or write us an email:
July 2019 by Kira Neumann
This blog post is a personal recommendation and based on personal experience. It has been prepared with the greatest possible care and does not claim to be correct, complete or up-to-date.“