Kindergarten & Nurseries in the Area of Stuttgart
- a short overview -
In Germany the nursery is from 1-3 years and Kindergarten from 3-6 years.
- Public Kindergartens/Nurseries are usually not obliged to take children which are not insured by the German healthcare system, but of course you can apply.
- Private Kindergartens/Nurseries, supported by the German government. They are non-public and you can apply as they might be more open for non-German insured children.
- Private non supported Kindergartens – you can apply and they are open for all children & chances are better, but prices are higher.
- Eltern-Kind-Initiative – Kindergarten run by parents – voluntary work from your side is a must and expected.
- Tagesmutter / Nanny – day care of a qualified person usually in their own home. Read more about how to find one.
You can also just try to call and go directly to the Kitas or ask a the Rathaus (civil service center).
Kiramiga can help with information, applications, signing up and looking for possible spots.
But please understand that there is no guarantee that you will find a place.
We charge 60 Euro / hour in 30 minute intervals. Minimum charge is 30 Euros.
Learn more in detail about the Kindergarten/School System and other interesting information/ facts in our module: kids in Germany.
Check the Calendar on our website for upcoming dates or write us an email.
July 2019 by Kira Neumann
This blog post has been prepared with the greatest possible care and does not claim to be correct, complete or up-to-date.“
Tell someone of us today - thank you!