Pumpkins, Pumpkins and more Pumpkins
The worlds largest pumpkin exhibition in Ludwigsburg close to Stuttgart
Enjoy the exhibition and be amazed or join in in one of many fun events.
and the best - you can go every year as the topic of the exhibition is always changing.
This Years Topic:
Underwater World with Sharks, Arielle, Spongebob and more
When and Where
It is the world largest pumpkin exhibition featured by Blühendes Barock (Baroque in Bloom). From the 27thof August till 5th of December you can enjoy the 22nd Kürbisausstellung in Ludwigsburg.
What to expect & Enjoy
Over 450.000 pumpkins are part of this exhibition, partly to look at in artistically designed sculptures but also the more delicious variety – enjoy pumpkin soup, pumpkin pie, pumpkin spaghetti/strudel/pasta pockets, tartes, hash browns, bread and much more. Or take home with you a jar of jam, pesto, pumpkin-seed oil or just some décor items.
- Every weekend you can carve and or create your own pumpkin (practical pumpkin carving sets can be obtained in the shop).
- 18/19th of September - Pumpkinregatta / race - check it out :-)
- 25/26th of September - the biggest pumpkin soup will be made.
- 3 & 10.10 – Championships - Germany's and Europe's biggest pumpkin (be part of the pumpkin weighing) Will the record of Germany 916,5 kg or even the world record 1190,5 kg be beaten?
- 11.11 and 13/14.11 Make your own pumpkin lantern!
Latern carving : 10-17 pm, Lanternwalk 5:00 - 6 pm
- 25/11 - 28/11 - Thanks giving celebrations with lots of (maybe) authentic food :-)
- 5.12. - the Nikolaus will be there. With sweets? Well yes - from pumpkins of course! 9am - 5 pm.
AND MUCH MORE!
More information about events and online tickets (German website) here & general information in English here.
Please make sure about the lastest Covid restrictions and rules.
AUGUST 2019 Kira Neumann - UPDATE August 21
This blog post is a personal recommendation and based on personal experience. It has been prepared with the greatest possible care and does not claim to be correct, complete or up-to-date.“ Picture credit: Kiramiga and Erina.
If you like what we do - please share with your friends.
or sign up for our NEWSLETTER on our website.