Pumpkins, Pumpkins and more Pumpkins
The worlds largest pumpkin exhibition in Ludwigsburg close to Stuttgart
Enjoy the exhibition and be amazed or join in in one of many fun events.
It is the world largest pumpkin exhibition featured by Blühendes Barock (Baroque in Bloom). From the 30thof August till the 3rdof November you can enjoy the 20thKürbisausstellung in Ludwigsburg.
Over 450.000 pumpkins are part of this exhibition, partly to look at in artistically designed sculptures but also the more delicious variety – enjoy pumpkin soup, pumpkin pie, pumpkin spaghetti/strudel/pasta pockets, tartes, hash browns, bread and much more. Or take home with you a jar of jam, pesto, pumpkin-seed oil or just some décor items.
Or join one of the many highlights of this years’ exhibition:
- Every weekend you can carve and or create your own pumpkin (practical pumpkin carving sets can be obtained in the shop).
- 15.09 first weighing of giant pumpkins
- 21/22.09 - pumpkin race on the water (the contestants are paddling in hollowed out giant pumpkins!)
- 28/29.09 be part of cooking Germany`s biggest pumpkin soup and having a taste of it as well.
- 6 & 13.10 – Championships - Germany's and Europe's biggest pumpkin (be part of the pumpkin weighing) Will the record of Germany 916,5 kg or even the world record 1190,5 kg be beaten?
- 20.10 - who carves best? Big competition with artists from all around the world. You can give your vote and win a price, too!
- 26/27.10 Halloween pumpkin carving event for everybody with lots of attractive prices. Tools are provided.
- 3/11 - smashing pumpkins - you might get lucky and get some seed of the big pumpkins to try and grow them yourself.
And if you children do understand German – Fairy Tale Time
14./15.09, 21./22.09, 28./29.09, 5./6.10 – fairy tale time in the hayball area underneath the tree underneath the Emichsburg.
More here (in English): https://www.blueba.de/en/pumpkin-exhibition.html
August 2019 Kira Neumann
This blog post is a personal recommendation and based on personal experience. It has been prepared with the greatest possible care and does not claim to be correct, complete or up-to-date.“ Picture credit: Public Domains, Robert Davis & Couleur by Pixaby and Erina.